Since we currently have no linen closets, we have to be creative in where we store things. I bought a whole bunch of large storage bins from Costco, but I still don't have room for these blankets and quilts, so they are on the ironing board in the laundry room.
Mom is getting a new closet in her downstairs bedroom.
Here's Tulla trying out the new see-through door to the basement. Dave wanted to remove the old door entirely, while I wanted to keep it because I use it to hold the dogs where I want them. So we compromised.
Here's a view of the front door (not new yet) and the french doors leading to the master bedroom. Our carpenter, Dave M., just finished building the coat lockers on either side of the french doors.
A closer view of Dave M. and the lockers. They will have coat hooks inside and trays for shoes underneath the seats.
The right-hand locker. Dave M. is waiting for us to decide how long it will be before we can afford a new front door so he knows whether to fill in the paneling between the locker and the door or not. The new front door will be 42 inches wide instead of 36 like it is now.


The new bathroom door from the outside.
Looking down the hall towards the fireplace.
Looking at the end of the hall from the great room. The hall will have family photos all the way down both sides, with a photo of the SLC temple at the end above the wainscoting. Dave M. is going to invent some nice way to panel the opening for the attic in wood. Notice the floor has drywall mud all over it. They assure us it all sands right out.
2 comments:
Annalyn, It is looking great. I really need to come over. I am dork for not coming yet. I like the staircase a lot. Also I think that the lockers are going to be very cool.
How are you going to do the Tree of Life on the floor? Are you creating your own or are you using a rendidtion of an artist? I am very interested to know.
Love ya,
Doug
I am just letting the creative juices flow and making it up myself. We looked at lots of designs by other people, just for ideas, but I finally decided I would just make up my own tree as I go.
Post a Comment